Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the Love Blaby Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Be a non-profit* organisation that provides community activities or services within Blaby District or which are of benefit to the residents of Blaby District
- Contribute to helping to meet the priorities as set out in the Blaby Plan www.blaby.gov.uk/EasySiteWeb/GatewayLink.aspx?alId=12126
- Have a constitution or formal set of rules appropriate to the legal status of the organisation
- Adhere to equalities principles with a policy or statement in place
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Have adequate insurance cover for the project
- Have no undue restrictions on membership
- Have a safeguarding policy in place if working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
*Non-profit organisations are defined as:
- Constituted groups with a volunteer management committee consisting of unrelated members who meet on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year)
- Registered Charities with a board of trustees
- A Social Enterprise (see www.valonline.org.uk/introduction-trading/legal-structures-social-enterprise)
Applications to join the lottery will not be accepted from:
- Any statutory bodies, including Parish Councils, schools and academies**
- Organisations that do not provide services that benefit residents of Blaby District
- Organisations which aim to make a profit for the benefit of private individuals rather than the community
- Organisations that cannot provide sufficient evidence of their legal status and governing documents
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities and services within Blaby District
**Parent/Friend Associations of schools and academies may apply where properly constituted independently from the school and where all other criteria are met.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants to the Lottery scheme will need to:
- Provide evidence of all eligibility criteria
- Agree to spend proceeds from the Love Blaby Lottery on community activities or services that directly benefit the residents of Blaby District
- Comply with an initial site visit/meeting before agreement and six-monthly checks thereafter and any further contact as deemed necessary by Blaby District Council for audit purposes
- Agree to sign up 20 supporters within the first month and maintain a minimum of 20 supporters at all times
- Agree to the name of the organisation being used in publicity for the Love Blaby Lottery
- Inform Blaby District Council immediately if the organisation/group intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any other policy that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
The Council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The council reserves its rights not to accept or cease to licence any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspects cessation will be immediate and the matter referred to the appropriate enforcement authority.
Blaby District Council is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purpose of processing personal data in the performance of its legitimate business. In order to register as a good cause for the Love Blaby Lottery, organisations/groups must provide key information and documents to support their application. This includes personal data, such as contact details, of key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group.
We collect this information in order to:
- Check the eligibility of the organisation/group to register as a good cause in line with our Terms and Conditions
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group in line with monitoring expectations. For example, initial and annual checks relating to eligibility
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group on any matters relating to the Love Blaby Lottery such as its progress, changes to how it is run that may affect participating good causes and special events
All information provided at the point of application will be stored on a password protected database managed by the Partnerships & Community Development Team at Blaby District Council. All data provided, including copies of documentation, will be held by Blaby District Council for a period of 6 years after which the organisation stops being registered as a good cause for the Love Blaby Lottery. Application information relating to any organisations/group who are not accepted for any reason will be held for a period of 6 months.
If you would like to find out about the information we hold about you, or if you want to complain about how we have handled your information, please contact the Information Governance team by email to [email protected] or on 0116 272 7558. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (The ICO) if you think there is a problem by email to [email protected] or on 0303 123 1113.